February 21, 2011

Smuggler's Notch Day #1

For midwinter break, I'm going to a ski resort in Vermont called Smuggler's Notch. I'm going with my parents and with Alexander.
We got to the resort in record time- it only took us 6 hours to get to the resort! Most of the time, it takes us more like 8 or 9 hours to get there. The car ride was great! Alexander brought this huge bag of cheese puffy things, and my parents got the white dust of the cheese puffy things all over the car. We listened to an audio book for a while. Then, Alexander attached his ITouch to the radio thing in the front of the car, and we listened to some Green Day songs.
I also had gotten a Flip the day before, so I taped a couple of videos. One video showed Alexander's parents saying good bye- they were not coming on the trip. They sang a song that went like this:
"Bye, bye, Zander, bye, bye, Zander, bye, bye, Zander, we hate to see you go- BYE!!!!" It was really funny. Then, Alexander got all mad and said, "You guys are sooooo mean!" That just made the grown-ups laugh even harder. Even now, Alexander keeps on saying, "That was COLD!"
Another video shows one of our breaks for gas. My mom got out to, "Stretch her legs!" and started doing jumping jacks! I thought I was going to die. That is real, live proof that my family is a comedy show.
The next day, Alexander and I had a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY!
First, the weather was SUPER DUPER LUPER KUPER cold, and my fingers got so cold that I cried. CRIED! Alexander was the gentleman and gave me his hand warmer, but I realized that hand warmers are too big to touch the fingers, unless your'e wearing mittens, which I wasn't. Then he said "so I froze my butt off for nothing?!" (Also, if you pulled your fingers out of the fingers of the glove and wrapped your fingers around the hand warmer, your hand could keep warm. BUT.... the group had ski poles, so if I took my fingers out of the gloves' fingers, the ski poles fell down. So I told my teacher that I needed to put my ski poles somewhere, because I wasn't going to use them. Luckily, the teacher found a spot for my poles. Lesson- Never ski with ski poles.)

This is where I skied on the first day


No comments:

Post a Comment